On August 2, 2018 — The Red Sox begin a four-game series against the Yankees at home with an emphatic 15 – 7 win at Fenway Park. Steve Pearce homers three times and drives in six to lead the offense, as the Sox pound the Yankees’ bullpen for 13 runs after CC Sabathia leaves with a 4 – 2 lead after battling through the first three innings. Jonathan Holder is the worst offender, as he retires none of the 7 batters he faces and they all cross the plate as Boston scores 8 times in the 4th.
About The Author
Dave Fultz steals second, third base, and home in the 2nd inning against Detroit, as the A’s romp, 13 – 3.
September 4, 1902
Braves slugger Hank Aaron become the second major leaguer to hit 700 career home runs when he goes deep off Phillies southpaw Ken Brett in the third inning of the team’s 8-4 loss at Atlanta Stadium. Bronx Bomber Babe Ruth reached the milestone in 1934, homering off Detroit’s Tommy Bridges at Briggs Stadium.
July 21, 1973
November 2, 1972
In his first major league at-bat, Marlins catcher Mitch Lyden hits a home run off Jose Bautista in the team’s 6-4 loss to Chicago at Wrigley Field. The second-inning homer will be the only round-tripper in the brief career of the rookie backstop, who will play in just six games, collecting three hits in ten plate appearances.
June 16, 1993
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- Kauffman Stadium 1973 Baseball Sweatshirt Crewneck or Hoodie - Home Of Your Kansas City Royals $30.00
- Robison Field 1893 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your St. Louis Cardinals $18.00
- Candlestick Park 1960 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your San Francisco Giants $18.00
- County Stadium 1970 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Milwaukee Brewers & Braves $18.00
- Player Page Sponsorship $25.00
- Griffith Stadium 1911 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of the Washington Senators $18.00