On June 20, Ty Cobb breaks the American League hitting streak record with an infield single against Cleveland’s Willie Mitchell. It is Cobb’s 30th straight game with a hit. He adds two stolen bases to help Detroit win, 8 – 3.
In the first of ten consecutive losses, the front-running Phillies lose to the Reds at Connie Mack Stadium, 1-0. The game’s only run scores in the sixth inning when Chico Ruiz steals home, the play which many fans believe is the harbinger of the season-ending collapse which will see the team blow a six-and-half game lead with 12 left to play.
September 21, 1964
The Cubs sweep with the [[1933 Phillies|Phillies], winning the opener, 9 – 5, on Harvey Hendrick’s pinch grand slam in the 10th inning. It is the second pinch grand slam in major league history and the second for the Cubs in three years. Chicago takes the nitecap, 3 – 1.
June 23, 1933
1989 – Glenn Davis drills a two-run, two-out homer in the bottom of the ninth to tie Pittsburgh. In the 12th, he reaches on an error by Bobby Bonilla and Rafael Ramirez drives him home for the 5-4 triumph.
October 19, 2019
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- 1988 Los Angeles Dodgers World Championship $31.50 – $39.00
- 1979 Pittsburgh Pirates we are family Championship remembered $31.50 – $39.00
- Keepsake Engraved Bats $40.00
- Hall of Fame Package $149.00
- Pirates By the Numbers: A Complete Team History of the Bucs By Uniform Number $14.99
- 1960 Pittsburgh Pirates Maz Walkoff Win $31.50 – $39.00