On June 11, 1985, Von Hayes of the Philadelphia Phillies becomes the first player to hit two home runs in the first inning of a game. Hayes cracks a leadoff home run and a grand slam in igniting a 26-7 crushing of the New York Mets.
Mickey Mantle ties a major league mark by switch-hitting home runs for the second time in his career.
August 15, 1955
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- Managers do not like relief pitchers who fail $21.50 – $29.00
- Keepsake Engraved Bats $40.00
- The Pittsburgh Pirates Encyclopedia: Second Edition
- The Visit - Every pitcher has lived through this one $21.50 – $29.00
- 1979 Pittsburgh Pirates we are family Championship remembered $31.50 – $39.00
- The Dave Coverly Collection $21.50 – $29.00