On August 10, 1953 — 1953 – Bob Porterfield of the Senators has his second one-hitter of the season, as he masters the Red Sox, 2 – 0.
1965 – The St. Louis Cardinals trade two of their mainstays, sending 1B Bill White and SS Dick Groat to the Philadelphia Phillies for OF Alex Johnson, P Art Mahaffey and C Pat Corrales. St. Louis also throws in C Bob Uecker.
October 27, 1965
Going deep off Senator hurler Jim Shellenback, Rico Petrocelli becomes the first shortstop in American League history to hit 40 home runs in a season. The Red Sox infielder’s record will stand until 1998, when Alex Rodriguez blasts 42 bombs with the Mariners.
September 29, 1969
Ralph García of Juarez (Mexican League) hurls his second no-hitter of the season in beating Durango, 3 – 1. He throttled Nuevo Laredo without a hit on April 16th.
July 9, 1977
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- Baseball in Altoona: From the Mountain City to the Curve $12.15
- "Then Roy Said to Mickey. . .": The Best Yankees Stories Ever Told (Best Sports Stories Ever Told) $14.10
- The 50 Greatest Players in Pittsburgh Pirates History $30.00
- Dave Parker Special $13.50 – $19.00
- The Chatty Catcher $21.50 – $29.00
- 1984 Detroit Tiger Bless You Boys Poster $11.50 – $29.00