On August 9, 1959 — 1959 – The Pirates, down 3 – 1 to the Cubs in the 9th, tie the game, then win, 5 – 3, in the 10th. Elroy Face wins in relief to go 15-0. The win is the 11th extra-inning victory in a row for the Pirates.
At Detroit’s Briggs Stadium, Tiger outfielder Hoot Evers hits for the cycle, collecting five hits, 13 total bases, and six RBIs. The left fielder’s tenth-inning single completes the accomplishment, and is part of a two-run rally that ties the game at 13-13 before the game is called due to darkness.
September 7, 1950
The Tigers cancel tonight’s scheduled game against the Orioles as the result of the civil unrest in Detroit. The two remaining games of the series shift to Baltimore, with tomorrow’s contest in the Charm City rained out during the second inning.
July 24, 1967
Jack Morris ties the American League record with five wild pitches in a 4 – 2, 10-inning loss to the Royals.
August 3, 1987
In an effort to authenticate autographed and game-used merchandise sold by its licensees, Major League Baseball hires Arthur Andersen, an accounting company, to assure the authenticity of approximately 40,000 items this season. The memorabilia will have a tamper-proof hologram and an ID number with a company official observing the removal of the item being physically taken from the player or event.
January 10, 2001
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- Municipal Stadium 1955 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of the Kansas City A's $18.00
- 2004 Boston Red Sox World Championship $31.50 – $39.00
- The Kingdome 1977 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Seattle Mariners $18.00
- Fulton County Stadium 1966 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Atlanta Braves $18.00
- Keepsake Engraved Bats $40.00
- Ebbets Field 1913 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of the Brooklyn Dodgers $18.00