On August 12, 1929 — At Boston‚ Guy Bush‚ the National League’s leading pitcher‚ loses his 2nd game‚ bowing as a reliever‚ 4 – 2‚ in 10 innings. Bush has won 16.
About The Author
Minnesota’s 20-inning, 9 – 7 loss to the Senators is the longest game in Twins history. Ken McMullen’s 20th-inning home run wins it for Washington.
August 9, 1967
Garret Anderson becomes the first player in Angels franchise history to score 1,000 runs. Los Angeles tops the Orioles, 11 – 6. The big star of the day is Torii Hunter, in his second day back from bereavement leave. Hunter homers twice, singles once, walks twice, scores four and drives in five to lead the charge.
July 26, 2008
1936 – Pittsburgh’s Paul Waner ties Rogers Hornsby’s modern National League record, reaching 200 hits for the 7th time.
September 14, 1936
An emotional Bill Buckner returns to Fenway Park for the first time in more than a decade to throw out the ceremonial first pitch at the Red Sox home opener. The beleaguered former Boston first baseman, best known for letting Mookie Wilson’s grounder roll between his legs in Game 6 of the 1986 World Series, receives a heartfelt standing ovation from the stunned crowd as he slowly walks from left field to the pitcher’s mound.
April 8, 2008
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- The Chatty Catcher $21.50 – $29.00
- Pirates By the Numbers: A Complete Team History of the Bucs By Uniform Number $14.99
- Robison Field 1893 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your St. Louis Cardinals $18.00
- Shibe Park 1909 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of the Philadelphia A's $18.00
- Wrigley Field 1916 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Chicago Cubs $18.00
- Ump's getting even $21.50 – $29.00