On January 30, 1978, Commissioner Bowie Kuhn cancels the recent trade that sent Vida Blue from the Oakland A’s to the Cincinnati Reds for first baseman Dave Revering and $1.75 million in cash. Believing that the A’s did not receive adequate compensation, Kuhn recommends that the trade be restructured. On February 25, the A’s will acquire Revering in a different trade, this time for pitcher Doug Bair. On March 15, the A’s will once again trade Blue, this time to the San Francisco Giants for seven players and $400,000. The seven include catcher Gary Alexander, infielder Mario Guerrero, outfielder Gary Thomasson, and pitchers Dave Heaverlo, Phil Huffman, John Henry Johnson and Alan Wirth. None of the seven will have much impact, while Blue will win 18 games in 1978.
November 27, 1972
The Milwaukee Braves trade slugger Joe Adcock and pitcher Jack Curtis to the Cleveland Indians for pitcher Frank Funk and outfielders Don Dillard and Ty Cline. With the addition of Adcock, first base prospect Walt Bond will spend another year in the minors. Bond hit .380 with six home runs in 50 at-bats for Cleveland in September.
November 27, 1962
The Dodgers trade the much-heralded, but injury-prone Pete Reiser to the Braves for outfielder Myron McCormick. The marvelously talented but reckless Reiser crashed into too many outfield walls and, according to Red Smith, was carried off on a stretcher 11 times.
December 15, 1948
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- Fulton County Stadium 1966 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Atlanta Braves $18.00
- Griffith Stadium 1911 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of the Washington Senators $18.00
- 1979 Pittsburgh Pirates we are family Championship remembered $31.50 – $39.00
- Arlington Stadium 1972 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Texas Rangers $18.00
- The Kingdome 1977 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Seattle Mariners $18.00
- Pirates By the Numbers: A Complete Team History of the Bucs By Uniform Number $14.99