January 30, 1960 – When Henry Aaron was informed that new manager Charlie Dressen was considering moving him from right field to second base, Aaron responded, “I’ll play second if he’ll play third.”
About The Author
At Connie Mack Stadium, a Labor Day crowd of 26,390 fans watches the first-place Phillies split a doubleheader with the Dodgers. The attendance for the twin bill brings the season’s total to 1,224,172 patrons, breaking the all-time franchise home attendance record established by the Whiz Kids in 1950.
September 7, 1964
Allowing only one walk, Ed Walsh wins both ends of a doubleheader to establish an American League record. The Meriden, Connecticut resident beats the Red Sox at Chicago’s South Side Park 5-1 and 2-0.
September 29, 1908
1977 – California Angels reserve shortstop Mike Miley is killed in an auto crash in Baton Rouge, LA, at age 23. Miley had been a star football player for the LSU Tigers and was chosen twice in the first round of the June free agent draft.
January 6, 1977
The Marlins send outfielder Cameron Maybin to the Padres for Edward Mujica and Ryan Webb, who are both right-handed relievers. The 23 year-old outfielder, the 10th overall pick in 2005, was traded by Detroit two years later in a major multiplayer Winter Meeting deal that included Miguel Cabrera and Dontrelle Willis.
November 13, 2010
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- Busch Stadium 1966 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your St. Louis Cardinals $18.00
- The Hidden Fan $21.50 – $29.00
- Memorial Stadium 1954 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Baltimore Orioles $18.00
- Braves Field 1915 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of the Boston Braves $18.00
- Ump's getting even $21.50 – $29.00
- The Greatest Game Ever Pitched: Juan Marichal, Warren Spahn, and the Pitching Duel of the Century $14.95