On June 7, 2009, four Arizona pitchers hurled nine no-hit innings of extra-inning relief in a 9-6 victory over the Padres in San Diego. The first Diamondback reliever, Jon Rauch, entered the game in the 10th inning and was followed to the hill by Esmerling Vasquez, Clay Zavada, and Leo Rosales. The D-Backs scored three runs off San Diego shortstop Josh Wilson, who pitched the top of the 18th and got the loss.
The Rockies become the fourth National League team, the only one this century, not to record a shutout during the season.
October 3, 1993
Brian Holman of the Seattle Mariners loses his bid for the major league’s 13th perfect game with two outs in the 9th inning
April 20, 1990
April 18, 1964
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- Pirates By the Numbers: A Complete Team History of the Bucs By Uniform Number $14.99
- Plate Create $45.00
- 2004 Boston Red Sox World Championship $31.50 – $39.00
- Managers do not like relief pitchers who fail $21.50 – $29.00
- 56: Joe Dimaggio and the Last Magic Number in Sports $17.47
- The Visit - Every pitcher has lived through this one $21.50 – $29.00