On May 31, 1958, future Hall of Famers Hank Aaron and Eddie Mathews and outfielder Wes Covington hit back-to-back-to-back home runs against Ron Kline of the Pittsburgh Pirates, powering the Milwaukee Braves to an 8-3 win. Aaron, Mathews and Covington had achieved the same feat in 1957.
Hack Wilson of the Chicago Cubs belts two home runs, giving him a National League record 56 for the season
September 27, 1930
Ken Griffey Jr. hits his 200th home run as a member of the Cincinnati Reds. He becomes the fourth player in major league history to hit 300 for one team and 200 with another. Preceding him are Mark McGwire, Rafael Palmeiro and Jimmie Foxx.
May 22, 2008
August 6, 1972
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- Wake Up with some of the most famous bats with the lumber company mug $12.50 – $17.50
- Candlestick Park 1960 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your San Francisco Giants $18.00
- National Park 1950 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of the Washington Nationals $18.00
- Robison Field 1893 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your St. Louis Cardinals $18.00
- Forbes Field 1909 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Pittsburgh Pirates $18.00
- 56: Joe Dimaggio and the Last Magic Number in Sports $17.47