On August 8, 2000 — In the bottom of the ninth, A’s closer Jason Isringhausen throws just two pitches, and the Yankees go from losing 3-2 to winning 4-3. Bernie Williams and David Justice both hit home runs on the first pitch they see from the Oakland reliever.
1994 – The Cleveland Indians trade pitchers Dave Mlicki, Jerry Dipoto, Paul Byrd, and a player to be named to the New York Mets in exchange for outfielder Jeromy Burnitz and pitcher Joe Roa.
November 18, 1994
Miguel Ojeda becomes the third Mexican Leaguer to hit four home runs in a game, following Roy Johnson and Derek Bryant. Ojeda is the first person to do so in a four at-bat game.
May 19, 2000
Roger Clemens of the Houston Astros moves past Steve Carlton for second place on the career strikeout list with his 4,137th in Houston’s 6 – 2 win over the Pittsburgh Pirates.
May 5, 2004
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- Keepsake Engraved Bats $40.00
- This one will have you in stitches $21.50 – $29.00
- Wrigley Field 1916 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Chicago Cubs $18.00
- Shibe Park 1909 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of the Philadelphia A's $18.00
- Dave Coverly Collection $21.50 – $29.00
- The Pittsburgh Pirates Encyclopedia: Second Edition