On September 10, 1950, In New York’s 8-1 victory over the Senators Joe DiMaggio of the New York Yankees hits three 400-foot home runs against the Washington Senators. DiMaggio becomes the first major leaguer to hit three home runs in a game at spacious Griffith Stadium…DiMaggio becomes the first major leaguer to hit three home runs in the 39-year history of the ballpark. It is the third time that Joltin’ Joe has hit a trio of round-trippers in a game, but he has never accomplished the feat at Yankee Stadium.
About The Author
We make your memories come to life!
October 6, 1978
April 4, 1988
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- The 50 Greatest Players in Pittsburgh Pirates History $30.00
- 1960 Pittsburgh Pirates Maz Walkoff Win $31.50 – $39.00
- Comiskey Park 1910 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Chicago White Sox $18.00
- Polo Grounds 1890 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of the New York Giants $18.00
- The Greatest Game Ever Pitched: Juan Marichal, Warren Spahn, and the Pitching Duel of the Century $14.95
- 56: Joe Dimaggio and the Last Magic Number in Sports $17.47