On April 25, 1957, the major leagues adopt a new rule that prohibits baserunners from interfering with batted balls in the field of play. The rule is adopted in reaction to recent actions by several Cincinnati Reds baserunners. Earlier in the week, Don Hoak and Johnny Temple had intentionally interfered with batted balls as a way of preventing double plays.
February 26, 1894
Barney Dreyfuss of the Rules Committee launches a campaign to ban the spitter. He will succeed next year.
February 23, 1918
September 4, 1991
January 16, 1996
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- Ebbets Field 1913 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of the Brooklyn Dodgers $18.00
- The Chatty Catcher $21.50 – $29.00
- Kauffman Stadium 1973 Baseball Sweatshirt Crewneck or Hoodie - Home Of Your Kansas City Royals $30.00
- Sportsman's Park 1931 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of the St. Louis Browns $18.00
- Polo Grounds 1890 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of the New York Giants $18.00
- Ump's getting even $21.50 – $29.00