On May 16, 1951, future Hall of Famer Mickey Mantle hits his first Yankee Stadium home run. Mantle’s blast against Dick Rozek of the Cleveland Indians helps the New York Yankees to an 11-3 victory.
At Brooklyn’s Ebbets Field, NBC televises the first major league game in history on experimental station W2XBS, covering a doubleheader split in which the Reds win the first game, 5-2, and the Dodgers take the nightcap, 6-1. The network employs two cameras, one behind home plate, showing a wide view of the field, and the other on the third base line to capture the plays at first base.
August 26, 1939
April 14, 1968
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
- 56: Joe Dimaggio and the Last Magic Number in Sports $17.47
- 2004 Boston Red Sox World Championship $31.50 – $39.00
- The 50 Greatest Players in Pittsburgh Pirates History $30.00
- This one will have you in stitches $21.50 – $29.00
- Managers do not like relief pitchers who fail $21.50 – $29.00
- 1984 Detroit Tiger Bless You Boys Poster $11.50 – $29.00