On October 6, 1912, Owen Wilson of the Pittsburgh Pirates hits his 36th triple of the season, establishing a major league record. Wilson actually tries to stretch the triple into an inside-the-park home run, but is thrown out the plate.
About The Author
We make your memories come to life!
Steve Carlton of the Philadelphia Phillies sets a National League record by fanning his 3,118th batter, surpassing Bob Gibson on the all-time list.
September 21, 1980
Mark McGwire of the Oakland A’s becomes the first rookie to hit 30 home runs before the All-Star break
July 5, 1987
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- 1979 Pittsburgh Pirates we are family Championship remembered $31.50 – $39.00
- 1984 Detroit Tiger Bless You Boys Poster $11.50 – $29.00
- Yankee Stadium 1923 Baseball Sweatshirt Crewneck or Hoodie - Home Of Your New York Yankees $30.00
- Municipal Stadium 1955 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of the Kansas City A's $18.00
- Seattle Kingdome Past Home of Your Seattle Seahawks & Mariners $18.00
- Candlestick Park 1960 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your San Francisco Giants $18.00