On September 1, 1971, the Pittsburgh Pirates field the first all-black lineup in major league history. The lineup, which includes future Hall of Famers Roberto Clemente and Willie Stargell, helps the Pirates defeat the Philadelphia Phillies, 10-7, at Three Rivers Stadium. Rennie Stennett (2B), Gene Clines (CF), Roberto Clemente (RF), Willie Stargell (LF), Manny Sanguillen (C), Dave Cash (3B), Al Oliver (1B), Jackie Hernandez (SS), Dock Ellis (SP).
About The Author
We make your memories come to life!
August 10, 1971
August 21, 1982
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- 56: Joe Dimaggio and the Last Magic Number in Sports $17.47
- Veterans Stadium 1971 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Philadelphia Phillies $18.00
- Keepsake Engraved Bats $40.00
- Event Page Sponsorship $10.00
- Seattle Kingdome Past Home of Your Seattle Seahawks & Mariners $18.00
- Short-Sleeve Unisex T-Shirt $33.50 – $39.50