On September 29, 1996, Vinny Castilla of the Colorado Rockies joins teammates Andres Galarraga and Ellis Burks in the 40-home run circle. The Rockies become only the second team in history to boast three players with at least 40 home runs. In 1973, Hank Aaron, Darrell Evans and Dave Johnson did the same for the Atlanta Braves.
Kaz Matsui hits an inside-the-park round tripper, making it the third successive season in which the Mets second baseman has hit a home run in his initial plate appearance of the year.
April 20, 2006
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- Hall of Fame Package $149.00
- The Visit - Every pitcher has lived through this one $21.50 – $29.00
- 1984 Bless You Boys Detroit Tigers World Championship $31.50 – $39.00
- 1988 Los Angeles Dodgers World Championship $31.50 – $39.00
- Pirates By the Numbers: A Complete Team History of the Bucs By Uniform Number $14.99
- The Greatest Game Ever Pitched: Juan Marichal, Warren Spahn, and the Pitching Duel of the Century $14.95