On May 18, 1969, Rod Carew of the Minnesota Twins steals second, third, and home during the third inning of an 8-2 loss to the Detroit Tigers. Carew pulls off the trifecta against the battery of Mickey Lolich and Bill Freehan. Carew becomes the first player in 28 years to steal three bases in sequence in the same inning. Cesar Tovar also steals two bases.
May 29, 1990
August 30, 1974
Dan McGann of the New York Giants collects five stolen bases in one game against the Brooklyn Superbas to set a major league record, a feat not duplicated until August 24, 1974, by Davey Lopes. Otis Nixon eventually will set a new mark with six stolen bases on June 16, 1991.
May 27, 1904
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- Pittsburgh’s Greatest Teams
- Veterans Stadium 1971 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Philadelphia Phillies $18.00
- Ebbets Field 1913 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of the Brooklyn Dodgers $18.00
- Oriole Park at Camdon Yards 1992 Baseball Sweatshirt Crewneck or Hoodie - Home Of Your Baltimore Orioles $30.00
- Anaheim Stadium 1966 Baseball Tee Shirt - Home of Your Los Angeles Angels $18.00
- Event Page Sponsorship $10.00