On July 15, 1967, Allan Lewis of the Kansas City A’s ties a major league record by stealing two bases as a pinch-runner in one inning. Lewis, who is used exclusively as a runner and never plays the field during the season, swipes the bases during a 3-2 loss to the Minnesota Twins.
Dan McGann of the New York Giants collects five stolen bases in one game against the Brooklyn Superbas to set a major league record, a feat not duplicated until August 24, 1974, by Davey Lopes. Otis Nixon eventually will set a new mark with six stolen bases on June 16, 1991.
May 27, 1904
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- This Day In Baseball Mug
- Dave Parker Special $13.50 – $19.00
- Wrigley Field 1916 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Chicago Cubs $18.00
- 1988 Los Angeles Dodgers World Championship $31.50 – $39.00
- County Stadium 1970 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Milwaukee Brewers & Braves $18.00
- Three Rivers Stadium 1971 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Pittsburgh Pirates $18.00