On June 10, 1966 The Yankees and Athletics make a trade with New York acquiring P Fred Talbot and C Billy Bryan in exchange for pitchers Bill Stafford and Gil Blanco‚ and promising OF Roger Repoz.
In Baltimore’s 11 – 6 win over Tampa Bay, Cal Ripken, Jr. clubs his 400th career homer, off Rolando Arrojo. He’s the 20th player to hit 400 homers.
September 3, 1999
July 5, 1929
1996 – At Atlanta-Fulton County Stadium, the Braves jump to a 6 – 0 lead, but the Yankees mount the biggest comeback in their long World Series history with a three-run home run by Jim Leyritz that ties the game in the 8th inning. After Bernie Williams is intentionally walked with runners on first and second base in the 10th, Steve Avery walks Wade Boggs to bring in the deciding run.
October 23, 1996
The Blue Jays release P Joey Hamilton, ending a three-year struggling relationship between the club and the pitcher. The Jays had originally signed Hamilton to a three-year $16.5 million contract. The Jays then defeat the Orioles, 10 – 1, despite an infestation of aphids in the 3rd inning. Although the game is not delayed, home plate umpire Tim Welke asks that the roof of the SkyDome be closed. Toronto’s Jeff Frye wears a dust mask in the dugout.
August 3, 2001
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- Metropolitan Stadium 1961 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Minnesota Twins $18.00
- Event Page Sponsorship $10.00
- Dave Coverly Collection $21.50 – $29.00
- The Visit - Every pitcher has lived through this one $21.50 – $29.00
- San Diego Stadium 1969 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your San Diego Padres $18.00
- Sicks Stadium 1969 Baseball Sweatshirt Crewneck or Hoodie - Home Of Your Seattle Rainers and Pilots $30.00