On March 1, 1967 — Commissioner General William Eckert approves the BBWAA’s plan to select a Cy Young Award recipient from both the National League and American League. The honor, initiated in 1956, had been given to just one pitcher in the major leagues each season, a position strongly supported by former commissioner Ford Frick.
November 12, 1958
The Major Leagues vote to establish the Cy Young Memorial Award for the outstanding pitcher of the year. At first, there will be one award for both major leagues.
February 4, 1956
November 17, 2018
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- Wake Up with some of the most famous bats with the lumber company mug $12.50 – $17.50
- Yankee Stadium 1923 Baseball Sweatshirt Crewneck or Hoodie - Home Of Your New York Yankees $30.00
- Event Page Sponsorship $10.00
- Pirates By the Numbers: A Complete Team History of the Bucs By Uniform Number $14.99
- Memorial Stadium 1954 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Baltimore Orioles $18.00
- The Dave Coverly Collection $21.50 – $29.00