Aaron Hill has a three-homer game, the last one being a grand slam in a seven-run 10th inning, as Milwaukee defeats the Reds, 13 – 7. Hill matches a team record with 7 RBIs in the game.Read More
Category: Club Records
2018 – George Springer ties an Astros team record by going 6 for 6 in a 16 – 2 win over the Athletics. He has a double, homer and single by the end of the 4th inning, but fails in his next three at-bats to get the triple that would have completed the cycle as he hits a single each time. Hall of Famer Joe Morgan is the only other player to collect 6 hits in a game for Houston, doing so on July 8, 1965, but in a 12-inning game.Read More
Nolan Arenado of the Rockies matches a team record by extending his hitting streak to 27 games when he goes 3 for 5 in a 9 – 2 win over the Rangers; Michael Cuddyer had set the record only a year ago. Arenado does not have to wait long as he hits a two-run double off Colby Lewis in the 1st. In the game, Adrian Beltre hits his 100th homer as a member of the Rangers; he is only the 5th player to hit 100 or more homers with three different teams, having previously done so with the Dodgers and Mariners; the four others are Darrell Evans, Reggie Jackson, Alex Rodriguez and Jim Thome.Read More
The Mets announce that John Franco, the club’s all-time leader in saves and games pitched, will be inducted into the team’s Hall of Fame
The Mets announce that John Franco, the club’s all-time leader in saves and games pitched, will be inducted into the team’s Hall of Fame. The All-Star closer, who has the second longest tenure in franchise history behind Ed Kranepool, compiled 276 saves of his career 424 saves, the most by any left-handed reliever in baseball history, with New York.Read More
On October 3, 2010.00 The Pirates, with their 5-2 loss in Miami, finish the season with a 17-64 record on the road. The Bucs’ dismal away-from-home performance equals the 1963 Mets’ infamous mark for a 162-game...Read More
On October 3, 2010.00 Josh Hamilton finished the regular season with a .359 average, the best in franchise history, to become the third Ranger player to win an American League batting crown. The Texas outfielder joins Julio...Read More
David Wright, playing a position which the team was unable to field a reliable everyday player on a consistent basis for decades, establishes a franchise record by starting is his 836th game at third base for the Mets, surpassing his hitting coach and friend Howard Johnson. More than 120 players, beginning in 1962 with Don Zimmer, have appeared at the hot corner for the team, but only ten have appeared in as many as 200 games during the club’s 47-year history.Read More
On June 27, 2008, At Yankee Stadium, Carlos Delgado of the Mets sets a franchise record with nine...Read More
David Ortiz, hits his 51st and 52nd homers, breaking the Red Sox’s franchise record of 50 in a single-season, established by Jimmie Foxx in 1938. ‘Big Papi’ also breaks his own major league mark for home runs set by a DH with 45, two more than the standard he set last season.
David Ortiz, hits his 51st and 52nd homers, breaking the Red Sox’s franchise record of 50 in a single-season, established by Jimmie Foxx in 1938. ‘Big Papi’ also breaks his own major league mark for home runs set by a DH with 45, two more than the standard he set last season.Read More
Jonny Gomes ties team record with homeruns in AprilRead More
The Royals, after a 10-1 drubbing by the Blue Jays at the Rogers Centre in Toronto, establish a team record with their 105th defeat this season. Kansas City, which owns the worst record in the majors this year after losing 104 games last season, has reached the dubious century mark in three of the previous four seasons.Read More
David Wright’s seventh-inning grand slam at Philadelphia’s Citizens Bank Park establishes a New York Mets club record for home runs hit in a game.
2005 – The New York Mets establish a club record for most home runs hit in a game with seven. At Citizens Bank Park, the Mets go deep with Jose Reyes (2), Victor Diaz (2) David Wright (grand slam), Mike Piazza and Doug Mientkiewicz connecting as they rout the Phillies, 16 – 4.Read More
1995 – The Colorado Rockies become the first major league team to reach the postseason before their seventh year in existence. Colorado also becomes the National League’s first wild card winner following a 10 – 9 win over the San Francisco Giants. Colorado’s .535 winning percentage (77-67 record) is the best-ever for a third-year team. The New York Yankees become the first wild card winner in the American League.Read More
Mike Piazza plates Jose Offerman with a first-inning single to set a new team mark for runs driven in by a rookie with 107. The 24 year-old Dodgers catcher breaks the franchise record for rookie RBIs established by Del Bissonette, a freshman first baseman who played with Brooklyn in 1928.Read More
10/3/1972 Surpassing Honus Wagner, Roberto Clemente appears in his 2,433rd game for the most ever played by a Pirate. Sadly, it will be the last regular season game the Pittsburgh outfielder will ever play as he will be killed in a plane crash during the off-season.
On October 3, 1972.00 Surpassing Honus Wagner, Roberto Clemente appears in his 2,433rd game for the most ever played by a Pirate. Sadly, it will be the last regular season game the Pittsburgh outfielder will ever play as he will...Read More
Roberto Clemente passes Hall of Fame third baseman Pie Traynor on the Pittsburgh Pirates’ all-time RBI list
On June 19, 1972 With a double, home run and 3 RBI, Roberto Clemente passes Hall of Fame third...Read More
Harmon Killebrew launches the longest home run ever hit in Metropolitan Stadium, a 503-foot shot which travels deep in the second deck of the left-center field bleachers. The stadium chair the ball hit by the Twins’ outfielder is mounted high on a wall overlooking the flume ride at Nickelodeon Universe in the Mall of America, the former site of the Met, in the precise spot the ball landed in the upper deck in deep left-center field.Read More
Philadelphia Phillies set a major league record by hitting five home runs in one inning On June 2,...Read More
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
- Willie Mays hits 4 homeruns at County StadiumTodays memory is brought to you by - www.FranchisingConnection.com , book a free consultation today to see if they can help you find the perfect business. Today’s classic moment features the San Francisco giants and the Milwaukee Braves on April 30 1961. The Say Hey Kid Willie Mays ties the Major League Record of […]
- Dodgers at Mets Radio Broadcast April 1963 Snider & Hodges face their old teamTodays game is brought to you by - www.FranchisingConnection.com , book a free consultation today to see if they can help you find the perfect business. Today’s classic game features the Los Angeles Dodgers sporting a 10-10 record - at the (7-11) New York Mets from the Polo Grounds in New York on April 19 […]
- Detroit Tigers Take on New York Yankees April 28 1968Full Radio Broadcast of the Detriot Tigers and New York Yankees. The Game features future Hall of Famer Al Kaline.
- Ken Johnson pitches a no-hitter for Houston Full Radio Broadcast April 23 1964Today's game is brought to you by - www.FranchisingConnection.com , book a free consultation today to see if they can help you find the perfect business. On April 23, 1964, At Colt Stadium Ken Johnson of the Houston Colt .45s becomes the first major leaguer to hurl a nine-inning no-hitter and lose the game. […]
- Full Radio Broadcast Baltimore @ New York YankeesBaltimore Orioles take on the New York Yankees at Yankee Stadium.
- TONY CONIGLIARO MAKES HIS DEBUTApril 16, 1964 Tony Conigliaro makes his debut against the New York Yankees at Yankee Stadium. The Red Sox win 4-3, in extra innings and Tony C goes 1-5 in his debut.
- World Series Game 2 San Francisco vs New York Yankees October 5 1962On October 5, 1962 – World Series Game 2 The San Francisco Giants scored two runs in Game 2, in the first when Chuck Hiller hit a leadoff double off Ralph Terry and scored on two ground outs, then in the seventh when Willie McCovey smashed a tremendous home run over the right-field fence to […]
- Giants and Dodgers play 165th game of season to decide to PennantOn October 3, 1962 -- At Dodger Stadium, the Giants beat Los Angeles, 6-4, to take the rubber game of the best-of-three National League playoffs, clinching the National League pennant. LA shortstop Maury Wills sets a major league record for the most games played in a season, appearing in all of his team's 165 games. […]
- Bob Turley & Mickey Mantle top Kansas City A's Radio BroadcastJune 28 1960 - Bob Cerv delivers a check swing double to break a tie in the 8th keeping the Yankees in First Place over the Orioles. Mantle hits his 17th homerun of the season. Bob Turley picks up his 10th win
- Yankees set the Homerun Record vs Red Sox Radio BroadcastOn September 30, 1960 - The Yankees beat the Red Sox, 6 - 5, and set a new American League record for homers with 192. Tony Kubek and Jesse Gonder hit the homers today as the Bombers win their 13th straight.
- Willie Mays hits 4 homeruns at County Stadium May 1, 2021
- Dodgers at Mets Radio Broadcast April 1963 Snider & Hodges face their old team April 29, 2021
- Detroit Tigers Take on New York Yankees April 28 1968 April 28, 2021
- Ken Johnson pitches a no-hitter for Houston Full Radio Broadcast April 23 1964 April 25, 2021
- Full Radio Broadcast Baltimore @ New York Yankees April 24, 2021
- TONY CONIGLIARO MAKES HIS DEBUT April 17, 2021
- World Series Game 2 San Francisco vs New York Yankees October 5 1962 April 14, 2021
- Pedro Martinez Immaculate Inning March 31, 2021
- Giants and Dodgers play 165th game of season to decide to Pennant March 26, 2021
- Bob Turley & Mickey Mantle top Kansas City A's Radio Broadcast March 17, 2021